Stratum lucidum is found just in the thick skin on the soles of the feet or palms of the hands. When existing, it is situated in between the stratum corneum and stratum granulosum
netoccupational of collagen fibers present in the reticular layer of the dermisThe dermis is thick and solid, consisted of of dense fibrous connective tissue
tactile cellsTactile implies "touch." Tactile cells alengthy the border in between the epidermis and also dermis are touch receptors.
You are watching: Why is the skin permeable to organic solvents
the plasma of the blood flowing via the numerous dermal blood vessels.The epidermis is avascular however very innervated; the underlying dermis lacks the variety of nerve endings yet is rich in blood vessels.
A Caucasian patient through pale skin is treated for low blood push through medication that elevates the blood pressure; yet, the skin"s pallor does not change. Which of the complying with is the the majority of most likely reason of the pallor in this patient? 1) respiratory disease that results in the blood being poorly oxygenated 2) the visibility of hematomas in the skin 3) hyperstress brought about by too much usage of the medication 4) anemia
4) AnemiaRed blood cells (RBCs) help give blood its shade. Anemia is a set of indications and also symptoms that appear once a perkid does not have actually enough healthy and balanced RBCs. Pallor, or paleness, is a sign/symptom of anemia because the blood vessels in the dermal layer absence normal RBCs.
If a large number of whiteheads show up on the skin of the forehead, which of the complying with would result? 1) fine hairs on the forehead would become brittle 2) the forehead"s skin would certainly become dry 3) bacteria on the forehead"s skin would prosper and also multiply easily 4) all of the above
4) All of the aboveWhen sebaceous glands are blocked, sebum cannot be excreted onto the skin. Sebum attributes to soften/lubricate the hair and also skin, and also it acts as a bactericidal agent.
In alopecia, brand-new hair growth stops bereason cell division is inhibited in the_________. 1) epithelial root sheath 2) cuticle3) hair matrix4) hair follicle receptor
3) Hair matrixCell department in the hair matrix produces the cells that will develop the hair fiber and the inner root sheath. The hair matrix epithelium is one of the fastest prospering cell populaces in the humale body.
Which of the adhering to is NOT a function of sebum? 1) lubrication of the skin 2) defense from UV radiation 3) security from bacteria 4) avoidance of water loss
2) Protection from UV radiation This is false; it is melanin (not sebum) that protects the skin from the damaging effects of UV radiation. Sebum serves as a lubricant, an antibacterial agent, and protects versus water loss in low-humidity conditions.
See more: How Far Is Mont Tremblant From Montreal, Canada To Mont, Driving Time From Montreal, Canada To Mont
The skin is permeable to organic solvents, such as acetone or turpentine, bereason they ________. 1) deserve to disdeal with the lipid bilayers of epidermal and dermal cell plasma membranes 2) are small molecules that bypass skin cells and also therefore straight enter the blood 3) solubilize the skin"s keratin filaments 4) solubilize the skin"s collagen fibers
1) Can disdeal with the lipid bilayers of epidermal and dermal cell plasma membranes Organic solvents are carbon-based substances that are qualified of disfixing or dispersing one or even more various other substances like the phospholipids of the plasma membrane.
Throughout cold weather, blood vessels situated in the dermis undergo vasoconstriction restricting blood circulation into the skin. This produces additional body warm by routing blood to what effector organ? 1) smooth muscle2) skeletal muscle3) cardiac muscle4) brain
Hole"s Essentials of Human being Anatomy & Physiology10th EditionDavid N. Shier, Jackie L. Butler, Ricki Lewis