Multiple alternative inquiries.
You are watching: Which of the following statements is true about supply
1.The price elasticity of demand is: a) the ratio of the percent readjust in amount demanded to the percentage readjust in price. b) the responsiveness of revenue to a readjust in quantity. c) the ratio of the readjust in quantity demanded divided by the change in price. d) the response of revenue to a change in price.
2.If demand also is price elastic, then: a) a climb in price will certainly raise complete revenue. b) a loss in price will certainly raise total revenue. c) a autumn in price will certainly lower the quantity demanded. d) a rise in price will not have actually any impact on complete profits.
3. Complementary goods have: a) the very same elasticities of demand also. b) extremely low price elasticities of demand. c) negative cross price elasticities of demand via respect to each various other. d) positive earnings elasticities of demand also.
4. The price elasticity of demand also mostly has a tendency to be: a) smaller sized in the lengthy run than in the brief run. b) smaller in the brief run than in the lengthy run. c) larger in the short run than in the long run. d) unconcerned the length of time.
5. If the price elasticity of supply of doodads is 0.60 and the price rises by 3 percent, then the amount supplied of doodads will certainly increase by a) 0.60 percent. b) 0.20 percent c) 1.8 percent d) 18 percent.
6. Suppose we recognize that the price elasticity of demand of good X is equal to -1.2. Then, if its price will certainly rise by 5%, we deserve to predict via certainty that a) quantity demanded of that good will boost. b) the revenue of the firm developing that great will certainly increase by 6%. c) the revenue of the firm developing that excellent will certainly decrease by 6%. d) the quantity demanded of that good will decrease by 6%. e) Namong the above.
7. A 10% boost in the price of movie ticket in Westridge 8 leads to a 15% decrease in the variety of tickets offered, indicating the demand also for movie ticket in Westridge 8 is: a) elastic. b) inelastic. c) unit elastic. d) Can not tell from the indevelopment provided.
8. If the cross-price elasticity in between 2 commodities is 1.5, a) the 2 items are deluxe items. b) the 2 products are complements. c) the 2 goods are substitutes. d) the 2 goods are normal products.
True/False/Uncertain. For each of the adhering to statements, say whether it is true, false, or uncertain and also define your answer.
1. It is reasonable to expect the cross price elasticity of demand also for golf clubs and also golf balls to be positive.
Golf clubs and golf balls are complementary items. This suggests that, as the price of golf clubs rises (a positive change), the usage of golf balls decreases (a negative change). Cross price elasticity of demand is equal to the proportion of these changes and also will certainly be negative. The statement is false.
2. If the demand also is perfectly elastic, then a transition in the supply curve does not impact the equilibrium price.
|True, bereason a perfectly elastic demand curve is horizontal. As such, no matter what the transition is the equilibrium price will certainly constantly reprimary the very same. (See graph.)|
3. The demand curve for autos is more elastic than the demand also curve for Fords.
False. A Ford deserve to be substituted by a various version. It is not as straightforward to discover a substitute for a auto in basic. The more substitutes a good has actually, the more elastic is the demand for that excellent. Thus, demand also for Fords is even more elastic. 4. Suppose you own a "Here Comes the Sun" tanning salon and the demand curve for your solutions is downward sloping. Further, intend that a brand-new tanning salon called "Sunny Delight" opens up 2 blocks amethod from your salon. Tell whether the adhering to 3 statements are true, false or unspecific and define your answer.
a. The demand curve for your solutions shifts to the appropriate. This new salon is a substitute for your services. After it has appeared, your consumers have more choice, and some of them will certainly start using the brand-new salon. So the demand also for your services will certainly decrease, or transition to the left. The statement is false.
b. The demand also for your services becomes even more elastic. One of the determinants determining the price elasticity of demand for the good is the number of substitutes. More substitutes - more elastic demand also. The statement is true.
c. The cross-price elasticity of the demand also for your solutions with respect to the price charged by "Sunny Delight" is negative. These two goods (services) are substitutes. The cross-price elasticity of substitutes is positive, since as the price of one of them increases, the demand for (and therefore the usage of) the other one boosts, as well. The statement is false.
Brief Answer Inquiry. 5. Originally Hans Johnkid was the only consumer in the market for "Casa de Econ" beer, developed by a little regional brewery. When the price of "Casa de Econ" six-load varies in between $10 and also $20, the price elasticity of his individual demand is equal to negative 1. Now imagine that Hans has been cloned 4 times, and now we have 5 identical consumers in the industry for "Casa de Econ". What will occur to the price elasticity of market demand also in the price range provided above? Will the demand come to be even more price elastic, much less price elastic, or will certainly elasticity stay the same? Explain your answer.
See more: Why Is Teemo Disabled In One For All ? : Teemotalk
Since elasticity faces family member transforms, it does not issue how many consumers we have in the industry as lengthy as every one of them are very same. (If the amount demanded for each of them alters by 50%, that would mean the amount demanded in the whole sector will certainly change by 50%, as well.) So the price elasticity of demand will certainly continue to be the exact same.