You are watching: The decarboxylation of pyruvate produces all of the following except
Ph.D., Bioclinical Sciences, College of Tennessee at KnoxvilleB.A., Physics and Mathematics, Hastings College
Dr. Helmenstine holds a Ph.D. in bioclinical scientific researches and also is a science writer, educator, and also consultant. She has taught scientific research courses at the high college, college, and also graduate levels.
2. The actions of respiration happen in various components of the cell. Where in the cell does glycolysis occur?
5. When oxygen is not current, fermentation may be offered to break the pyruvate right into every one of the adhering to except:
6. When oxygen is existing, pyruvate enters the Krebs cycle. Wbelow in the eukaryotic cell does this occur?
7. Oxidative decarboxylation web links glycolysis to the Krebs cycle. Pyruvate is oxidized right into all of the complying with except:
10. How many kind of ATP molecules theoretically may be produced by the complete oxidation of glucose right into carbon dioxide?
See more: Why Do Black People Have Big Noses Are Different Shapes, A Race, A Face, A Nose Shape! Relevant Or Not
Cellular respiration is a cell"s means of obtaining power, so it"s a procedure you depfinish on in order to live. You missed some concerns, so you could want to testimonial the details of cellular respiration, especially the Krebs or citric acid cycle and glycolysis. If you"re ready for an additional quiz, watch how a lot you understand about daily chemisattempt.
Great job! You know a lot about cellular respiration and also exactly how it functions. If you a bit unspecific around details, you might wish to testimonial the citric acid cycle (Krebs cycle or TCA cycle), glycolysis, and fermentation. Of you"d choose to try an additional chemistry quiz, watch exactly how much you recognize about DNA.