1. INCORRECT concerning worksheet?(a) Worksheet is fundamentally a functioning tool of accountant.(b) Worksheet is distributed to monitoring and other interested parties.(c) Worksheet cannot be supplied as a basis for posting to ledger accounts.(d) Financial statements can be ready directly from the worksheet before journalizing and also posting the adjusting entries.
You are watching: An account that will have a zero balance after closing entries have been journalized and posted is
2. In a worksheet, NI is gotten in in WHAT columns:(a) revenue statement (Dr) and balance sheet (Dr).(b) revenue statement (Cr) and balance sheet (Dr).(c) revenue statement (Dr) and balance sheet (Cr).(d) earnings statement (Cr) and balance sheet (Cr).
3. In unreadjusted trial balance of worksheet for year ended Company type of reported Equipment of $120,000. The year finish adjusting entries call for an adjustment of $15,000 for depreciation cost for the tools. After adjustment, the complying with adjusted amount need to be reported:(a) a debit of $105,000 for Equipment in the balance sheet column.(b) a credit of $15,000 for Depreciation Expense—Equipment in the revenue statement column.(c) a delittle bit of $120,000 for Equipment in the balance sheet column.(d) a delittle of $15,000 for Accumulated Depreciation—Equipment in the balance sheet column.
4. An account that will have actually a zero balance after closing entries have been journalized and also posted is:(a) Service Revenue.(b) Supplies.(c) Prepassist Insurance.(d) Accumulated Depreciation—Equipment.
5. When a net loss has arisen, Income Outline is:(a) debited and Retained Incomes is attributed.(b) credited and also Retained Salaries is debited.(c) debited and also Dividends are attributed.(d) attributed and Dividends are is debited.
6. The closing process requires separate entries to cshed (1) prices, (2) dividends, (3) revenues, and also (4) earnings summary. The correct sequencing of the entries:(a) (4), (3), (2), (1)(b) (1), (2), (3), (4) (c) (3), (1), (4), (2)(d) (3), (2), (1), (4)
7. Which kinds of accounts will show up in the post-cshedding trial balance?(a) Permanent (real) accounts.(b) Temporary (nominal) accounts.(c) Accounts presented in the income statement columns of a worksheet.(d) Namong the over.
8. All of the following are compelled procedures in the accountancy cycle except:(a) journalizing and posting closing entries.(b) preparing ﬁ nancial statements.(c) journalizing the transactions.(d) preparing a worksheet.
9. The appropriate order of the complying with measures in the audit cycle is:(a) prepare unreadjusted trial balance, journalize transactions, article to ledger accounts, journalize and write-up adjusting entries.(b) journalize transactions, prepare unadjusted trial balance, short article to ledger accounts, journalize and write-up adjusting entries.(c) journalize transactions, article to ledger accounts, prepare unchanged trial balance, journalize and article adjusting entries.(d) prepare unreadjusted trial balance, journalize and write-up adjusting entries, journalize transactions, post to ledger accounts.
10. When Ramirez Company purchased supplies worth $500, it wrongly videotaped a crmodify to Supplies for $5,000 and a debit to Cash for $5,000. Before correcting this error:(a) Cash is overdeclared and also Supplies is overstated.(b) Cash is underdeclared and Supplies is understated.(c) Cash is underproclaimed and also Supplies is overproclaimed.(d) Cash is overdeclared and Supplies is underdeclared.
11. Cash of $100 received at the time the business was performed was journalized and posted as a delittle bit to Cash $100 and also a credit to Accounts Receivable $100. Assuming theincorrect enattempt is not reversed, the correcting entry is:(a) delittle Service Revenue $100 and also credit Accounts Receivable $100.(b) delittle Accounts Receivable $100 and also credit Service Revenue $100.(c) delittle bit Cash $100 and credit Service Revenue $100.(d) delittle bit Accounts Receivable $100 and also crmodify Cash $100.
12. The correct order of presentation in a classiﬁed balance sheet for the complying with present assets is:(a) accounts receivable, cash, prepaid insurance, inventory.(b) cash, inventory, accounts receivable, prephelp insurance.(c) cash, accounts receivable, inventory, prepassist insurance.(d) inventory, cash, accounts receivable, prephelp insurance.
13. A company has purchased a tract of land also. It expects to construct a manufacturing plant on the land also in around 5 years. During the 5 years prior to building, the land will certainly be idle. The land must be reported as:(a) residential property, plant, and also equipment.(b) land price.(c) a long-term investment.(d) an intangible ascollection.
14. In a classiﬁ ed balance sheet, assets are usually classiﬁed using the complying with categories:(a) existing assets; permanent assets; property, plant, and equipment; and intangible assets.(b) existing assets; long-term investments; property, plant, and also equipment; and tangible assets.(c) current assets; permanent investments; tangible assets; and also intangible assets.(d) existing assets; permanent investments; residential or commercial property, plant, and equipment; and intangible assets.
15. Current assets are listed:(a) by expected convariation to cash.(b) by importance.(c) by longevity.(d) alphabetically.
*16. On December 31, Kevin Hartguy Company kind of effectively made an adjusting entry to recognize $2,000 of accrued salaries payable. On January 8 of the next year, total salaries of $3,400 were paid. Assuming the correct reversing entry was made on January 1, the entry on January 8 will result in a credit to Cash $3,400 and the complying with debit(s):(a) Wages and also Wages Payable $1,400 and Salaries and Wperiods Expense $2,000.(b) Wages and Weras Payable $2,000 and also Salaries and also Wperiods Expense $1,400.(c) Wages and Wperiods Expense $3,400.(d) Wages and Weras Payable $3,400.
1. “A worksheet is a permanent bookkeeping record and its usage is required in the audit cycle.” Do you agree? Exordinary.
No. A worksheet is not a permanent accountancy document. The use of a worksheet is an optional step in the audit cycle.
The worksheet is simply a device offered to make it simpler to prepare adjusting entries and the financial statements.
3. What is the partnership, if any kind of, in between the amount presented in the changed trial balance column for an account and that account’s ledger balance?
The amount presented in the adjusted trial balance column for an account equals the account balance in the ledger after adjusting entries have actually been journalized and also posted.
4. If a company’s profits are $125,000 and also its costs are $113,000, (a) in which ﬁnancial statement columns of the worksheet will certainly the net earnings of $12,000 appear?(b) When costs exceed revenues, in which columns will certainly the distinction appear?
The net income of $12,000 will appear in the revenue statement delittle column and the balance sheet crmodify column. A net loss will show up in the earnings statement crmodify column and also the balance sheet delittle bit column.
5. Why is it essential to prepare formal ﬁ nancial statements if every one of the data are in the statement columns of the worksheet?
Formal financial statements are necessary bereason the columnar data are not appropriately arranged and also classified for statement functions. For instance, a drawing account is listed with assets.
6. Identify the account(s) debited and also attributed in each of the 4 cshedding entries, assuming the company has net revenue for the year.
(1) (Dr) Individual revenue accounts and also (Cr) Income Rundown.(2) (Dr) Income Overview and (Cr) Individual price accounts.(3) (Dr) Income Overview and (Cr) Owner’s Capital (for net income).(4) (Dr) Owner’s Capital and also (Cr) Owner’s Drawing.
7. Describe the nature of the Income Summary account and also determine the kinds of summary data that might be posted to this account.
Income Synopsis is a momentary account that is used in the cshedding process. The account is debited for costs and attributed for profits. The distinction, either net revenue or loss, is then closed to the owner’s funding account.
The post-cshedding trial balance contains only balance sheet accounts. Its objective is to prove the ehigh quality of the long-term account balances that are carried forward right into the next accounting period.
9. Which of the complying with accounts would not show up in the post-closing trial balance? Interest Payable; Equipment; Depreciation Expense; Dividends; Unearned Service Revenue; Accumulated Depreciation—Equipment; and Service Revenue.
The accounts that will not appear in the post-closing trial balance are Depreciation Expense; Jennifer Shaeffer, Drawing; and also Service Revenue.
A reversing entry is the specific opposite, both in amount and also in account titles, of an adjusting entry and also is made at the start of the new audit duration. Reversing entries are an optional action in the bookkeeping cycle.
11. Indicate, in the sequence in which they are made, the three compelled steps in the accountancy cycle that involve journalizing.
The actions that involve journalizing are: (1) journalize the transactions, (2) journalize the adjusting entries, and (3) journalize the cshedding entries.
12. Identify, in the sequence in which they are all set, the three trial balances that are frequently supplied to report ﬁnancial information around a company.
The 3 trial balances are the: (1) trial balance, (2) adjusted trial balance, and also (3) post-closing trial balance.
See more: Incomplete Manufacturing Costs, Expenses, And Selling Data For Two Different Cases Are As Follows.
Correcting entries differ from adjusting entries bereason they: (1) are not a forced component of the audit cycle, (2) may be made at any kind of time, and (3) might impact any combicountry of accounts.
The traditional classifications in a balance sheet are:- Assets- Liabilities and Owner’s Equity- Current Assets Current Liabilities- Long-term Investments Long-term Liabilities- Property, Plant, and Equipment Owner’s Equity- Intangible Assets
slrfc.org is a web and mobile examine platform that helps you learn points faster. Our mission is to develop a smarter civilization by simplifying and also speeding up the learning process.© 2021 Bold Learning Solutions. Terms and also Conditions